Tarwi is rich in protein, healthy fats, in dietary fibre and anti-oxidants. Regular consumption helps in lowering the risks of developing numerous health problems such as cancer, cardiovascular problems, diabetes and the various neuro-degenerative diseases. Benefits include:
- Improved digestive health, which is beneficial in treating symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) and improving irregularity
- Weight loss. Tarwi is low in fat and carbohydrates and high levels of fibre which reduce appetite
- Heart health. Tarwi contains an amino acid known as arginine that has been found to be good for the heart and improved blood circulation.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
This product is not intended to diagnose, prevent, treat or cure any diseases.
IDEAS TO ENJOY IT
- Tarwi is often used as flour in baking processes. As such, it is ideal for breads and cakes.